Aerospike 4.5 is the first open database to support the Intel Optane DC persistent memory. It supports high-volume, real-time transactions and analytics operating on petabyte-scale data sets with mission critical reliability. Aerospike has been working with Intel for years to take advantage of this ground-breaking technology.
Benefits of Aerospike with Intel Persistent Memory
Aerospike’s tiered internal architecture has been optimized to use persistent memory natively, giving capabilities far beyond the implementation of an in-memory database and simply inserting persistent memory. The Aerospike database achieves the following advantages by utilizing the Intel Optane DC persistent memory.
Performance and Scalability
- DRAM-like performance with much higher capacity
- Data Persistence when system is powered down
- Lower and predictable latency than NAND Flash
- Allow “RAM index” at a fraction of the cost
- Data in NAND for up to 10x scale improvement
- Greater predictability
- Significantly higher density than DRAM only