Aerospike 4.8 further enhances Aerospike’s Hybrid-Memory Architecture™ to enable both database indexes and data to be stored in Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory (PMEM). The earlier announced Aerospike 4.5 was the first open database to support the Intel Optane DC persistent memory.
Benefits of Aerospike with Intel Persistent Memory
Aerospike’s tiered internal architecture has been optimized to use persistent memory natively, giving capabilities far beyond the implementation of an in-memory database and simply inserting persistent memory. The Aerospike database achieves the following advantages by utilizing the Intel Optane DC persistent memory.
Performance and Scalability
- DRAM-like performance with much higher capacity
- Data Persistence when system is powered down
- Lower and predictable latency than NAND Flash
- Allow “RAM index” at a fraction of the cost
- Data in NAND for up to 10x scale improvement
- Greater predictability
- Significantly higher density than DRAM only