Leading Brands Optimize Customer Engagement with Aerospike’s NoSQL Database
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – November 10, 2016 – Aerospike, the leader in enterprise-class NoSQL solutions, today announced it has released a new version of its Aerospike platform to serve the world’s largest customer engagement applications in industries such as AdTech, Financial Services and Telecommunications. New Aerospike features are transforming how organizations store, access and analyze data, delivering the superior performance and uptime required for applications such as fraud detection and personalized marketing. Companies facing a surge in customer data are selecting Aerospike as a flexible and cost-effective data management approach that fills the gap unserved by legacy relational database management systems (RDBMS). Research confirms 61% of enterprises have deployed, are expanding, or are planning NoSQL initiatives, with another 16% interested in this technology.1
Aerospike is mentioned in numerous industry analyst reports in 2016 and is listed among NoSQL solutions with “the biggest upward swings in popularity this past year.”2 The new version of Aerospike extends this momentum with new features which include:
- SortedMap – Introduces in-database manipulation of Maps for network-efficient operation on data structures with support for Java, C, Node, Python, Go and Ruby. An early-access customer in eCommerce described the new functionality as a “Nice addition to the already feature-rich API set.”;
- Durable Delete – Extends reliability by providing an efficient way of explicitly deleting records;
- IPv6 – Supports the latest network environments, making it even easier for customers to harness the influx of large mobile data sets in Telecommunications and other industries;
- Improved Cluster Management – Eases administration and maintenance for “set-it-and-forget-it” Aerospike environments;
- Updated Network Naming – Simplifies configuration and deployment by adding support for DNS and network interface names.
Aerospike powers the world’s most demanding engagement applications, processing terabytes of daily customer information with response times in milliseconds.
AppLovin, a leading mobile marketing platform that helps the world’s largest brands reach over two billion consumers globally with relevant content, selected Aerospike to support seven global data centers that process over 50 billion daily ad requests at 550k requests per second.
“Aerospike has a strong commitment to enterprise operational databases,” said John Krystynak, Founder and CTO, AppLovin. “By adding durable delete and IPv6 capabilities, Aerospike continues its march toward providing not only a faster NoSQL database, but also one that’s incredibly operationally reliable. We use and will continue to use Aerospike for the speed and predictability that our product needs.”
Founded in 2009 by Brian Bulkowski and Srini Srinivasan, Aerospike has focused on building a highly-available, distributed NoSQL database for real-time operational applications. Customer benchmarks show Aerospike’s superior performance is delivering on their vision and extending its commanding lead over competitors (details).
“This release builds on our core mission of improving reliability for applications that demand predictable performance with high availability and also provides support for key new deployment environments such as IPv6,” said Brian Bulkowski, Co-Founder and CTO, Aerospike. “The new version of Aerospike delivers on all fronts – helping companies scale ‘extreme’ Web applications and uncover highly-prescriptive insights to attract and delight customers.”
- Download a free trial of Aerospike Enterprise Edition or Aerospike Community Edition at http://bit.ly/2egeGbX.
- Tour Aerospike at http://bit.ly/2enbQTz.
Aerospike’s enterprise-class, NoSQL database solution powers customer analytics, advertising optimization, fraud prevention and other decisioning workloads for the world’s leading brands in AdTech, eCommerce, Gaming, Telecommunications and Financial Services. Customers include Nielsen Marketing Cloud, AppLovin, InMobi, Kayak and AppNexus. Aerospike delivers predictable performance at scale, superior uptime, and high availability – at the lowest TCO (Total Cost of Ownership). Aerospike is a privately-held company based in Mountain View, CA and is backed by New Enterprise Associates, Alsop Louie Partners and CNTP. www.aerospike.com @aerospikedb
Aerospike is a registered trademark of Aerospike, Inc. Other brands mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Application Development Trends http://bit.ly/2eBRmpG
2 TechRepublic http://tek.io/2ezLlbb