As a Test Development Engineer, you have the opportunity to improve the quality of Aerospike. You will be part of an Engineering team, developing code rather than fixing or finding bugs. You will be responsible for designing and implementing tests that push the limits of Aerospike. You will bring Aerospike down to it’s knees and assist the development teams in improving the robustness of Aerospike. You will need to use your understanding of databases, distributed systems, networking and operating systems to develop test scenarios for Aerospike. Your tests will be run in an automated systems that developers will use to validate their changes. Test Development Engineers at Aerospike focused on the hardest, most interesting aspects of delivering high quality software.
- Design, implement and maintain acceptance, integration and regression tests for Aerospike and related software.
- Guide software developers in developing test cases to run in the automated test infrastructure.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
- Determine when components meet acceptable quality criteria and standards.
- Monitor and analyze problems in our tests, then assist software engineers in diagnosing and resolving issues.
- Collaborate with backend engineers and support engineers to perform root-cause analysis of problems reported from field.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3+ years of software development or relevant work experience.
- Ability to analyze a system and develop a test plan.
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments.
- Programming skills in C, Go, Java or Python.
- Scripting skills in Python, PERL or Shell.
- Understanding of operating system concepts, database fundamentals, networking and/or distributed systems.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Flexible, ‘do what needs to be done’ attitude.
If you are interested in this position, please email us to apply for this job and include your resume and a cover letter.