As an Aerospike Product Operations Engineer, you will be part of a global team in charge of supporting a wide range of Aerospike production deployments across cloud and bare metal environments. You will be responsible for handling and driving to resolution a variety of issues, from configuration to performance tuning (hardware and software) and will have a great opportunity to become a scale warrior!
- Work hand in hand with customers on production clusters issues and tuning.
- Handle customer cases via web-based ticketing system, email, voice and chat.
- Keep precise and detailed records in the ticketing system of all actions taken.
- Escalate and route appropriately to relevant SME while owning and monitoring the communication with the customer.
- Analyze logs and other monitoring data.
- Provide input for tools that help diagnose and alleviate common issues and help implement such tools.
- Guide customers through new deployments.
- Regularly work flexible schedule and share on call duties.
- Capture knowledge and write thorough documentation for best practices, known issues and their resolutions.
- 3+ years of work experience in a 24 x 7 technical customer service field, ideally with experience in:
- Establishing and maintaining client / server environments, including troubleshooting configuration and networking issues.
- Large-scale distributed database architectures.
- World-class distributed system technology including clustered system, distributed database, distributed computing, distributed storage, etc.
- Excellent technical, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Solid Linux operating system experience.
- Ability to switch context efficiently between cases while staying proactive.
- Comfortable being on week-end on-call duty approximately 1 day a month.
- Ability to handle customer interactions with professionalism, empathy and diplomacy, in all situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences with different technical levels.
- Programming and/or scripting experience.
- B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge in data center and cloud deployments.
If you are interested in this position, please email us to apply for this job with a cover letter and resume.